Since the reopening of California on June 15th, there have been several changes and additions to current standards. Please see below for some of these changes.
Emergency Temporary Standards(ETS) Abbreviated
Cal/OSHA has updated their current ETS. Some of the most notable changes include:
- Fully vaccinated employees do not need to be offered testing or excluded from work after
close contact unless they have COVID-19 symptoms.
- Fully vaccinated employees do not need to wear face coverings except for certain situations
during outbreaks and in settings where CDPH requires all persons to wear them. Employers
must document the vaccination status of fully vaccinated employees if they do not wear face
- Employees are not required to wear face coverings when outdoors regardless of vaccination
status except for certain employees during outbreaks.
- Employees are explicitly allowed to wear a face covering without fear of retaliation from
To view the abbreviated, ‘What Employers Need to Know’, please click here.
To view the full ETS, including changes/redactions, please click here.
Interim guidance for Ventilation, Filtration, and Air Quality in Indoor Environments
California Department of Public Health (CDPH) has released interim guidance for ventilation, filtration, and air quality in indoor environments. This new guidance places emphasis on ensuring ventilation systems are working at optimum efficiency, maximizing air exchanges and natural ventilation, and outfitting current systems with the most efficient filtration systems. Sections covered include:
- Improving Natural Ventilation and Proper Use of Fans
- Improving Mechanical Ventilation
- Determining Mechanical System Function
- Portable Air Cleaners (“HEPA Air Filters”)
- Ventilation During Wildfire Smoke Events
- Requirements on Ventilation in Cal/OSHA COVID-19 Prevention Standards
To view the entire Interim Guidance, as well as associated resources, please click here.
Should you have questions on these new standards and guidance’s, including how they may effect your agency, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our Member Services Department.